Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Days at the Tanner house

These past few weeks have been a bit stressful around here. Brandon is in the middle of his mid-terms, and Brooklynn and I are just hanging around the house. We have missed Brandon, but we know that he needs to study to get through school. I so look forward to the next phase in our lives when we are out of school, and settled in a HOUSE. Speaking of houses, I have had a lot of time on my hands lately. I have become addicted to the home channel! I love to watch all the different decorating shows, and the house hunting shows. Which has made me move furniture around in our little apartment. I have to say I have learned a lot from those shows. I feel my apartment is a lot more inviting when you walk in. It makes me so excited for when I finally get my first home. I know it wont be much, but I will be able to call it mine!

The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL! It has cooled down so much, we can sleep with our windows open. We have even turned off the AC. That will help with the electric bill. However, the news said that it is supposed to heat back up this weekend. So, we will just enjoy it while it is here. Arizona is such a beautiful place. I can see us living here for a while.

Brooklynn has been busy playing, and learning new things everyday. She has recently become obsessed with her feet! I guess I should say not just her feet, but every ones! She thinks feet are the funniest things in the world! She will sit there for minutes just watching you move your feet giggling the entire time. She loves to "chew" on her toes. I only wish I was ever that flexible! We got her a Johny Jump up that we had to modify to work in our apartment. I have to admit, I have a handy dandy Husband that I never really knew I had! He is full of solutions! Brooklynn has also been having a lot more verbal outbursts these days. We will just be walking through Wal-Mart and she will be chuckling at EVERYTHING, then she will suck in air and make her funny little noise! It is so fun to watch her, and to wonder what she thinks is so funny. I love that she is big enough now to sit in the shopping cart! I just really need to by a cart cover for her!


For those of you who don't know, I have decided to make Brooklynn's costume this year for Halloween. She is going to be Tinker Bell. I have recently finished the skirt, but I am still trying to talk myself into starting the top. I don't know why I am so afraid. I just need to start, then I won't stop until it is finished. I hope it turns out good enough to go get her pictures taken. This is just the beginning of the skirt. I'm still not sure if I am going to "jazz" it up anymore.


Blog

5 comments:

Dave, Laura, Maggie and Chloe said...

your little girl is so dang cute! I love her portrait pictures. I know how it is to spend long hours at home by yourself. I keep having to tell myself it will all be worth it eventually. Good luck to Brandon on his Midterms.

jenniho ♥ said...

She is sooo Cute!! I get to see her in 2 weeks...I get to see her in 2 weeks...I get to see her in 2 weeks!!

Mike and Meg said...

I want to see that beautiful costume. You are so talented.
The weather is great. Hope Brandon does great on midterms.

Unknown said...

I love it!!! You guys are such a cute family! Man wont it be nice someday to have a house and actually be making money!!! Love her little skirt you made, kambry is wearing the same one I made her last year, but still figuring out a top. how are you making brooklyns top!! Anyways love you tonz, and miss you guys

Reagan said...

I miss you alot we haven't
decided if I am going to California. I hope I go so I can see Brooklyn. It was actally grandma Tanner who got a bird.
When are you going to come and see us again? What is Brooklyn going to be on trick or treat day?
Like my mom said she is sooo cute. I love you!!

Reagan