Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Cold Winter Days...


So, this picture is for Jackie. She wanted a picture of the cold snow I keep complaining about!
This picture was taken in the beginning of December. I was trying to get a picture for our Christmas cards. So I had this marvelous plan that we would go take pictures up in Island park. For those of you who don't know Island park is about an hour away from Rexburg. It is up by Yellowstone National park. So, on one of my days off from work I made Brandon take me up there so we could get some good pictures, however there is a catch, we went alone! We didn't have anyone to take our picture. That is how lame we are! No friends what so ever! He assured me that we could find someone up there to do it. So, we drove and drove until we came to a ghost town. I mean there was not living thing in sight! I guess that time of year is there off season. Who knew? It was too early for the snow machines, and too late for the hunters. However, Brandon was determined to get these pictures for me so we ended up at this hotel/gas station/diner, and went in and got some lunch. We were really lucky that they were even open for business! So, Brandon comes up with this story that we just got married, and we were on our honeymoon, and he talks our waitress into taking our picture. I don't think she really bought the story because why in the world would we go to Island park on our honeymoon? But, nevertheless she took our picture out in the snow, and she was really good about it. It was really funny how it all came about. I was impressed, or should I say shocked on how well Brandon could tell such a story without even missing a beat! It made me wonder if he had ever lied to me before just because he did it with such ease! I guess the funniest part of the story is that we didn't even end up using these pictures for our Christmas cards! All that work for nothing, but I guess we do get a good story out of it.


5 comments:

The Charlotte Five said...

That looks too cold for me!! LOL!! Glad you are having a good time in spite of the snow. Miss you guys tons!! Love, Angie

6_Chicks_AHen_and_ARooster said...

Hey love your blog it is awsome it must have been cold! I should take up snow boarding sometime. What is your e-mail because my moms aid you wanted an invite?

stuckibunchoh said...

I can't believe the snow!!! It takes me back to the good old days of Ricks College. And I will have you know that there are many who choose to go to Island Park for their honeymoons. It is a beautiful place. Really Tiff, you have got to learn to appreciate the beauty of nature!!! Thankfully you have Brandon to help you with that as Jeffrey has done for me. I love ya. ~Jackie

Anonymous said...

OKAY! That was HILARIOUS!! TOtally something I would have DONE!! I knew I liked him!! HAHA!

mama becky said...

oh yeah, tiff, muffin can make up great stories. Loved the picutres and your christmas card was totally cute by the way.