Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Little Project

So, as most of you know, Brandon and I had to move not to long ago. We moved into an apartment that had a much bigger living room, so we decided to get couches, and give Mom and Dad Tanner back theirs. It took 6 weeks for us to get them, but it was worth it. They are gorgeous. However, I needed end tables now that I got my couch. So the hunt began... I searched for some that I liked, but did you know that end tables are expensive? You cannot find a decent one less then a hundred bucks! So, I decided to go Garage Sale shopping. I found these ones for $30 bucks! I could not pass them up, but as you can see they needed a little TLC.


So, in between the days I had to work I worked on these tables. I have come to the conclusion that I am addicted to the color RED! I LOVE IT! Brandon, however does not! But, he lets me use it while we are in a temporary place where I cannot paint the walls! I have to get my color in somehow. So, what color did I paint these babies? Yep, you guessed it.. RED! Here is stage two.


I painted them outside. As you can see, I tried to save the grass, but it did not work as well as I planed. Mind you we live in Rexburg ID, so of course it was windy! It made it difficult to get the paint even, but I did my best. So, here is the finished project. I love them! They are a bit big, but as I said before, I'm addicted to RED, so the bigger the better! I still have to find lamps to go on them, and I have a plan to put up a wall decor that includes pictures and ribbon...That is my next project! You can see the rod behind the right end table to go with it. Right now I have a mirror above the couch. (That is why there is a glare in the middle of the pic!) Oh, included in the next project I am going to cover those awful throw pillows!

5 comments:

Nani said...

Oh miss crafty woman!!!!! I love it they are BEAUTIFUL....good job!!!!

6_Chicks_AHen_and_ARooster said...

Great job Tiff I love that color I think Brandon will chnge his mind about the color. Give it some time. I need to come see you and your apartment we are out of school on Friday yeah summer is coming we should do somthing and go to a movie again=] love ya
~~Lexi

stuckibunchoh said...

Yippeeee!!! Jeffrey painted your name plate from Kari-Jo that same red. I think, it looks very close from the picture. It is going to look awesome in your livingroom. I can't wait to see what you do with the rod and pictures. That is what I am working on in our livingroom. You got omse of the crafty gene that skipped over me completely!!!! I am envious. Love ya tons. ~Jackie

B and T Tanner said...

Jack~
I'm so excited too! Get it here so i can put it up! I'm still workin on the picture thing, but i have to get the pictures together!

mama becky said...

Love the color you painted the tables, they add spunk to your living room. Good job Tiffany!!