Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Lesson in Golf..."Don't talk in the back swing!"

So, here is a question for all of you. Is golfing on Sunday against the Sabbath? Now, I know what all of you are thinking...of course it is! However, when you are married to someone who likes to argue this fact, I would like to tell you some of his side. His thinking is that he has already bought a season pass so he didn't have to pay anything. We attended all of our meetings today, so we didn't skip out on church, and we went together. His argument was that it is just like going to the park and throwing around a fris-bee. So, I pose the question again, is it breaking the Sabbath to go golfing on Sunday? I happen to be on the fence at this point. At first it was a definite yes, but now having gone, I'm not so sure. It was a beautiful night, and it was really nice just the two of us on the green. I of course didn't play, but it was great just walking it with him. One more thought, by me going with him, it also made him control his tongue. To any of you who know Brandon, he rarely gets worked up, but when it comes to his golf it comes out! I didn't help his game by any means. Going back to the title of this blog, I got the first lesson the first tee off! We had to "scratch" the first ball because I asked him a question in his back swing! I learned my lesson, and the rest of the 8 I was very much aware of when I could ask a question! I apologize to those of you who think we are terrible saints, but here are a few pictures of today..



Look at the beautiful blue sky! This was at 6:30 pm.

















Can you see the little white ball surrounded by all the long green wet grass? Yeah, this was one of the first balls that we almost lost to either the brush, or the water. Brandon did well getting himself out of trouble. I think he will do well for the TANNER CUP this year! All you boys better watch out! Brandon is gonna reclaim the title! (We are staying positive, hopefully it will work!)

1 comment:

mama becky said...

Thanks for golfing with your dad, he loved it. Dad turn to win the cup this year by the way. Golfing on Sunday, come on Muffin, you know what I think so you make your own choice. What we need now is golfing weather, where the heck is spring???? love you